You have nothing in your cart.
Our classes are intended to help professional actors educate themselves about the entertainment business and fine-tune the performance skills they have been learning in acting classes. They are not for beginners.
Our normal format is:
1. Group lecture and Q&A
2. Followed by a performance portion with the instructor, where you perform a scene you have chosen and prepared in advance with a reader (one of our actors in our Cold Read Program), and receive an evaluation sheet/verbal feedback based on your performance. IF there is an emergency, and no reader from the Cold Read Program is available for some reason, we will either have you:
-Perform your scene (the one you prepared ahead of time according to our criteria HERE) with the teacher as your reader
-Perform TWO scenes: one, a scene you have selected ahead of time (either from our selection, or one you've had pre-approved by us), and the other with your scene partner in class (acting as their reader). The instructor will focus their feedback ONLY on your prepared scene.
3. You will gain verbal and written feedback based upon your performance.*
Check out our Syllabus for more details on the normal class lesson plan!*
The Actor's Key format is unique because:
1. You will be preparing a scene ahead of time that you select from our website, OR one you have pre-approved by us- here's a link to the criteria and what to do if you want to bring in your own sides--so you get to prepare and be spectacular in front of the instructor, so they can truly see what you are strongest at and help you figure out what you need to work on.
2. You read one on one with a person who is a talented cold reader, and working through our Cold Read Program, so you know you will have someone talented to work opposite, so that YOU can get the most valuable feedback for yourself.
After your performance is over, you can leave (you do not have to wait for everyone else to go- but don't forget your evaluation sheet!). The order is based on the spot you choose when you sign up.
3. You get written feedback every time--invaluable for passing on to your representation so they can better guide you, and for your growth as an actor, so that you can improve your skill set in order to reach your professional goals. We highly recommend using these workshops synergistically with acting classes to gain a full, well-rounded education in the business of acting and the craft of performing.
4. We now have the option in several of our classes for you to add on a Workshop Enhancement On Camera option. For more info on this, please click HERE.
*If we ever have a deviation from this format, it will be listed in the casting director's BIO section, so please check! That is also where you will find sides instructions.
DISCLAIMER: This workshop is a learning experience. It is not an audition or employment opportunity. When the workshop is over, the casting director/casting associate/casting director (whichever is applicable) teaching this workshop will not be taking home nor be given access to your headshot, resume or any other of your promotional materials. AGAIN: Workshops/Classes are NOT job interviews. The presence of an industry professional is in no way a promise of employment. The Actor's Key does NOT attempt to procure employment for actors/artists-we are strictly for educational purposes.