You have nothing in your cart.
FAQ First Time
It is my first time, what do I need to know?
The reader will go over everything before your workshop or class, but here are the most important things:
- READ THE REST OF THE FAQ PAGE. 99% of the questions we get are answered here (there's a reason it's "Frequently Asked Questions" :)
- Second- we have TWO studio locations. Please be sure you are headed to the correct one when you leave your house.
- The order of the workshop is determined by the order you arrive (be sure to check in immediately when you arrive). Most workshops run about 2 and a half hours if you are near the end of the list.
- If you are going to be late, please call:
818-846-0710 (Actor’s Key)
310-571-3700 (Actor’s Key West)
- These numbers are ONLY for when you are running late- the machines are not checked except rigght before workshops. And please be sure to call the CORRECT line (you don't want to call Burbank if you are headed to the west side location!)
- If you need to go early, you must email us your request 24 hours in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org (you get 3 per calendar year TOTAL for both studios).
- Bring a copy of your highlighted scene for the readers. If you are taking multiple workshops in a day, each reader needs their own copy of your scene (the reader copy will be given back to you after you read).
- Please staple and highlight the lines of your scene for the reader before you get there (not just the character names, but the lines--it helps our readers follow along), and each copy should have your name and the name of the workshop in pencil (so you can erase and reuse the sides) in the top right corner.
- All scenes must be from our website OR be approved by us via email at email@example.com (we legally need to be sure they have aired already- click HERE for a link to our criteria and more info on bringing in your own sides). Each workshop has a link at the bottom of the description that says SIDES and either a genre, or "ANY" (meaning any genre), and a link to our sides in that category. If you say sides you are bringing in are approved, and you do not have a stamp on them, the reader will ask to see the email approving them (so DON'T delete this!). We will not allow you to do sides that are not approved and we do not issue credits if you don’t have approval and chose not to take the class. Again, all info on sides and how to get your own approved is HERE. We do not issue credits because people don't follow directions.
- We do have wi-fi available, if you are low on the list you might be there for a while, we try to make our space as comfortable as possible, but you might want to bring a book or something to do!